Sunday 16 October 2011

The chair incident.

This one happened a while ago but my mother still refuses to believe it even though she was less then 2 feet away.

My younger sister and I were sitting at the kitchen table, my mother was on the computer beside the table. I had my feet up on the table legs while I read a magazine.  My sister (T) was sitting with her feet up on the bars of the chair. T is 14 and not a small person, she's skinny as a rail but tall. Under the magazine I was reading I see her chair slide out and turn away from the table by about 6 inches while her feet where still up. I dropped my magazine in my lap as my jaw dropped. T has this complete look of horror on her face, I probably will never forget that look.

Of course my mom is all like Devon, that was you you pushed her with your feet. So I showed her from where I was sitting it was nearly impossible for me to move the chair back let alone turn it at the same time. It's a wood chair with 90lbs on it, there was no way I could have moved my feet over there and pushed the chair and move them back to where they were without T seeing me either. Then it switched to T did it herself. I saw her feet the entire time, they never left the chair. Also even though the chair is on a wood floor they don't slide easily, even the computer chair on wheels will not slide on it's own.

No comments:

Post a Comment