Saturday 15 October 2011

Intro

Hmm this blog why did I create this blog? Or right, I live in a VERY active haunted house. I actually hate that term "haunted house"  it makes me conjure images of pumpkin patch trips into those silly little spooky mazes. Anyways my house has ghosts. And this blog is to chronicle everything that happens to use here. So here is the story:

We moved into this house in February of my Grade 10 year. I would have been 15 going on 16.

When we first moved in all I really remember is being excited that there was a tire-swing, we lived less than a block away from the bay, and we backed onto a forest. Oh and the Beck house. the "super-haunted-creepy-mansion" that is just around the corner. I'd tell you about it but this blog is about my house, so I would suggest you google it if you're curious about the "Beck House" as I'm sure to reference it a billion times.

Our house is 120 years old. It was built as a tenant house for workers of the Becks (reference, see?). In the crawlspace (literally you have to crawl) we found numerous bottles of whisky among other alcoholic bevies that date from 1880-1910. Some from local breweries (that no longer exist).

So when did I first realize there was something going on here? I was standing in the shed on the back porch. This shed is where my show rabbits are housed (www.devonglen.com) I was standing just inside the door leaning against a cage when very clearly I hear this husky-whispered male voice that sounded like it said "I am Robert".  I wasn't the only one who had a heart attack the rabbits also freaked. I wouldn't say I was scared, I was startled. After all rabbits do not speak English.

I kept that incident to myself for sometime, because honestly who would believe me? Then came the numerous incidences where my mom would believe my dad had come home from work because she saw "someone" walk around the back corner of the house. We don't use the front door (inconvenient), or the side door (area converted into laundry room). It didn't always happen but you could be sitting at the computer or eating at the table and you would see someone walk around the corner of the house.

It doesn't end outside. The particular areas we see and feel things are around the stairs, and in the kitchen. We have caught evp's in our living room that intelligently involved themselves in our conversations.

Activity doesn't always happen either you can go days, weeks, or even a month without seeing, or feeling anything odd at all. Then sometimes you can't go a day without seeing or feeling something. This year I moved away for 3 months and during that time was the most normal I felt in almost 5 years. I never got the chills randomly, I never felt my hair touched, I didn't hear any strange voices. It was boring. So there you have it. Post number 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment