Sunday 16 October 2011

This is kind of an embarrassing story that happened today.

I woke up with what I thought was a pressure headache caused by the weather, unfortunately by noon that was definitely not the case. The amount of pain I was in I knew that it was not a regular headache and by 1:30pm it had turned into the worst aura migraine I have ever had in my entire life (of course I say this every time I have a migraine). Worst of all I could not find my bottle of ibuprofen. Migraines are not something that are very common for me, I get maybe two a year. Anyways when I have a migraine I find the white noise and heat from a shower temporarily masks the pain so I jumped into the shower, well more like fell into the shower by that time the pain was making my nauseous. I ended up puking in the shower (tmi) I barely made it out of the shower before I started feeling really light-headed and shaky. I couldn't open my eyes without the light being blindingly painful, and even the smallest noise felt like being hit in the head by a sledge-hammer. I didn't comb my hair, I just quickly pulled on my clothes and crawled up into my bed. Unfortunately I still felt really sick to my stomach and my room being upstairs was definitely not close enough to the bathroom for me to make it  in time to puke in my current state. So I crawl out of bed, and blindly made my way to the washroom. With the extreme pain and nausea I ended up curling up on the bathroom floor with my head on a bunch of towels. In a normal state I would have never put my face that near a bathroom floor, I even refuse to throw-up into a toilet because I will not put my face near something peoples bare butts touch. It's gross.

So now you are probably wondering what this has to do with anything. I'm almost to that part. There I am curled up on the bathroom floor crying for my mom or death, which ever happened to get to me first. This was around 2pm. The pain was honestly that bad that I wished to die. I've never wished to die before (and I crashed my bike mountain biking and the thought of dying didn't even occur and I had been stabbed in the neck by a stick from the crash).

I had been lying on the floor crying for a while, and it had been fairly quiet so of course that couldn't last and the dogs start barking. I honestly didn't think I was going to make it. I thought my head was going to explode. That is when the chills started, well I wouldn't say chills so much as I wasn't cold. It felt very electrical, I had isolated goosebumps. By isolated I meant, they started at my right shoulder and moved down to my elbow, but as soon as I had goosebumps on my elbow the ones on my shoulder were gone. It went up and down my arm about four times before it moved across my back a few times and then the goosebumps went from the top of my head to my neck. It was the oddest thing I had ever felt, it felt like someone was trying to comfort me. The only thing I could possibly relate it to was when my very special rabbit I had  for 9 years passed away shortly before Christmas and my dad had comforted me by rubbing my arm-back-and-hair. I did have my eyes closed but I know I was alone in the bathroom because I locked the door since I had the light off and I didn't want anyone walking in on me while I was being sick. The feeling wasn't a short incident it lasted a few minutes before it stopped. Fairly certain I wasn't going to be majorly sick I ended up finding the "barf bucket" and making my way back to my room where I passed out until 5 when my mom got home. The massive migraine had receded enough I could function again. I still feel a bit shaky and sick but what I felt in the bathroom I have a feeling I'm going to remember for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment